Monday 10 September 2007

Week 37

Tuesday night, Alex, Adèle and I went again to the bar the Palmier in the Marais.
This bar has really good cocktails for very cheap during happy hour. Even if we arrived after the Happy hour time, they offered us 2 drinks for the price of one (because we complained a bit :p) and Alex asked them some vegetables to eat. We talked a bit with the waiter at the end. Funny evening.

Thursday night, I invited some of my coworkers in my flat to drink a bit and have dinner (Pasta Carbonara). There were Jérome (18 yo), Arnaud (21yo), Jean-Marc (23) and Olivier (28). We had good fun. Jérome is the kind of guy dancing “Tecktonik” (have a look on Youtube to know more about that stupid dance they do in every club in Paris...)
Later on we went to La Défense, there was a big Fireworks for the school start (strange...). Anyway some nice Italian girls gave me her email address to get my awesome pictures I took ! Then my tutor joined us and we left to the Australian bar in the city. We had Tooheys Extra Dry and a Jägerbomb ! We had sooo much fun down there, I was so surprise to see my tutor dancing on the table with us lol !
Around 0.30, we went to a club called “Le Duplex” next to the Arc de Triomphe. Riccardo (my tute) and Olivier left to go back home...
We were asking girls if they wanted to join us to get in (‘coz we were three boys) but none wanted... Actually we got in sooo easily and for free...
Inside there was quite a lot of young people, but that was still good to party with my two coworkers. The 3 of us slept in my flat around 4.30am and we got up at 8am to go working all together.
There Olivier paid us a nice breakfast. Hard day, but sooo good !
In the evening I joind Tom and Fred at the Trocadero, in front of the Eiffel Tower to watch the opening of the Rugby Wolrd Cup. France vs Argentina. Crazy atmosphere, we where all packed in a big tents with so many flat screens everywhere.
Was fun, but France lost...
After that, I met the whole Thornbury crew in the lawn just next to the tent.
Good to see the Aussie mates again.
Quite tired I left them at the Arc de Triomphe to go back home....

Charline arrived Saturday around 1pm. We had lunch at my place and then walked inside Paris. I discovered new things such as the Paris Museum and the inside of the Invalides.
We saw nice things all the day, we had beautiful weather. We saw the Eiffel Tower with its new color, the Louvre by night and the Arche de la Défense by night too. Sooo beautiful !
She left on Sunday afternoon and then I watched Canada vs Wales in front of the Hotel de Ville where they set a huge artificial lawn and then Samoa Island vs Republic of South Africa in front of the Arche de la Défense.
Here are the pics :

2 comments:

Raidge said...

Waou NOno, dis moi t'es devenu un vrai fan de rugby apres ton annee en Australie, t'as regarde masse de matchs ...

Bon en tout cas ca fait toujours autant plaisir de voir a quel point tu t'eclates! Good on ya mate!

Ciao ciao

Renot said...

Tecktonik is moche... ^^

Tooheys Extra Dry and Jaggerbomb : mouhahahahaaaaa

And go France go!!! (for rugby i mean...)

Tchoup