Saturday 7 July 2007

I didn’t get up late today, I had to fill some papers and to borrow a matress from the residence manager for my cousin who will stay at my place tonight.
Then I took the subway (called métro) to go to the Louvre to meet Pierre, my cousin. I found him randomly in the subway station.
We walked in direction of the “Arc de Triomphe”, passed the Place de la Concorde and walked along the “Champs Elysées”.
Later we met Guillaume, Virginie and Thomas, friends from my school in Lyon, at the St Lazare train station. We stopped to have lunch in a cheap place (cf. picture). Then we had a long long walk in the city (12km, only by foot). We went through the Place de Clichy, to Montmartre (Sacré Coeur), down to the Gare du Nord, stopped for a beer, saw the Gare de l’Est, crossed the Canal St Martin, passed the Marais (gay quarter), to the Town Hall, the Notre Dame cathedral. Then we stopped at the Jardin du Luxembourg. Nice garden with grass, trees and small lakes. There are lot of chairs everywhere that you can take wherever you want in the park, so we decided to sit next to the little lake. We were the only one doing that, so that was a bit strange. And 5 minutes later, a policeman/guardian came to us, and told us nicely to move away from the water, because it was forbidden to do so… Alright…
After that, we went to my place, close to la Défense and had beers and delicious crepes for dinner. We met two Guadeloupean girls who were looking for an iron. I had one! So I lent it to them, and when they came back, Pierre asked them to come in to have champagne with us. Pierre talked to them for half an hour and they finally left. They are not going to be in Paris anymore, so…

The Palais des Tuileries, Louvre

A little pond next to it


What is that ?!


The deserts at the cheap restaurant

Guillaume and the cheap restaurant


The Simpsons !


The speaking café


A statue of Dalida, famous French singer



On the way to Montmartre

This guy could walk through walls, but he got stucked ! Haha !


Close to Montmartre


View from Montmartre


An other one


The Métro crossing a bridge


A Eurostar arriving in the gare du Nord



Signs in front of the gare du Nord


NInie and me


Tents along the Canal St Martin



Hotel Dieu

Boat on the Canal St Martin


Pain, Vin, Fromage, French Moto


Town Hall

Close up of Pierre

Notre Dame

Sénat


In the Jardin du Luxembourg

Same place

In my flat

No comments: