Sunday 15 July 2007

Week End Fikant !

Friday, the 13th of July 2007

I had to ask sooo many questions to my colleagues to understand better what I was doing and what I will have to do. It is getting better. I’m starting to understand the point of my job...
I left at 4.30pm, came home, took a mattress for the week end, borrowed the keys of the parking for the girls, had a quick look at my new mobile phone and went straight to La Défense to meet my cousin Nicolas who just arrived by train from Lyon. We talked a bit under the Arche, sitting on the stairs and then went back to my place. Mat’ (a friend from my school in Lyon, doing an internship in Paris as well) called me and came to my place too. We were now waiting for the girls who arrived quite late, around 9.15pm. We had couple of drinks and finally we left to the city, to the Bastille exactly to meet Maud (a friend from the 88 :p). There was a kind of big free Afro concert on the place, we listened to it for a while and went to a Corsican restaurant. As we were all quite a bit tired, we went home around 2am and slept (the 5 of us) in my flat around 3am.

Saturday, the 14th of July 2007

The 14th is the French National Day!!
We got up at 6am to go to the Champs Elysées. The girls staid in bed. We took the Métro and got out at George V station. The Avenue was pretty empty and people were preparing for the “Défilé”. (A big military Parade). We were standing directly next to the street to have a good view. We saw the French president :D, airplanes, helicopters, tanks and people everywhere...
We went close to the Arc de Triomphe to the Croissanterie (the place where Maud is working during the week-end). And the girls, back from their shopping joined us there. Maud offered us free lunch :) with tasty deserts. That was great when you think how expensive the food is in Paris. Later we went down the Champs Elysées, to the Concorde and to the Jardin des Tuileries to relax a bit. It was really warm outside.
We went back home to have a quick shower and go to the Champ de Mars, just next to the Eiffel Tower. Maud joined us after her work and brought us the Picnic. Soooo Cooool !!
There was a big concert here. 600,000 people here!! Unbelievable. Bob Sinclar, Laura Pausini, Nelly Furtado, Tokyo Hotel and the famous Michel Polnareff were here! For free!!
Amazing! We had really good time, and the huge half an hour firework at 10.30pm ended this wonderful evening.
Mat’ and his brother left us. You can imagine how messy it could have been to try to catch a Métro, so we walked quite a long time to the Champs Elysées to go in a bar. Culture Bière. That was a really good place, free, very good music with people playing instrument as well, not too expensive drinks and great dancers! We took the last Métro to go back. Maxime (a friend from my cousin slept with us as we were 5 again in my little flat).

Sunday, the 15th of July 2007

Maxime left at 6.30am to catch his train. The girls got up at 9.30am to buy food before leaving Paris. They left around 10.30am.
Nico and me went back to Maud to have free lunch :) and after that we went to the Town Hall, the Cathedrale, the Arabian Institut and the Jardin des Plantes. It was really hot out there! I was back in my Australian fashion style: Swim short, thongs and cap.
Nico left at 4pm and I went back home, tired.
I went back to the city, to the place where Maud was living, around 8.30pm for a birthday.
I didn’t know anyone but that was really good. Nice people, nice place. Very good time :) Most of them went out after that in a Latino bar, but it was time for me to go home, to have a rest after this Week-End bien fikant!!
The pictures are here :

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeahhhh, week end trop fikant comme tu dis NOno bien qu'un peu court c'est domamge!! Il faut dire que Paris estune ville tellement grande qu'il faut plus qu'un jour et demi pour tout voir!
Heureusement qu'on remet ca ce week!!
Merci encore pour tout, t'assures trop NOno!
Gros bisous et à demain ;)

Johanie said...

Un grand grand merci a toi NOno t'es trop genial!!!!
Super sympa le diaporama il y avait certaines photos que je n'avais pas vues sur l'ordi...

Renot said...

He il sort d'ou le Tshirt "NOno 88"?
Il claque!!! ^_^